Joe Morrissey, 518-457-0752, Joe.Morrissey@agriculture.ny.gov|
Dave Bullard, 315-487-7711 x 1377, Dave.Bullard@agriculture.ny.gov
August 30, 2013
Grand Prize Winner of the “Taste NY” Trail at the Great New York State Fair to Win Two Tickets to Farm Aid in Saratoga Springs on September 21
State Agriculture Commissioner Darrel J. Aubertine today announced that the Grand Prize winner of the “Taste NY” Trail at the Great New York State Fair will receive two tickets to Farm Aid at Saratoga Performing Arts Center and overnight accommodations at the Holiday Inn located in Saratoga Springs on September 21. Every person who took part in the “Taste NY” Trail at the Fair will be entered into a final drawing on Monday, September 2 to determine the Grand Prize winner. To date, more than 12,000 fairgoers have taken the “Taste NY” Trail at the 2013 Great New York State Fair.
“The ‘Taste NY’ Trail has been one of the most popular attractions at the 2013 Great New York State Fair,” said Commissioner Aubertine. “We’re getting back to our roots at this year’s Fair, with more of a focus on New York agriculture and New York products through ‘Taste NY.’ I encourage New Yorkers to take the ‘Taste NY’ Trail at the Fair and enter into a drawing to spend a day at Farm Aid this September.”
The grand prize drawing will take place at 8 p.m. on the last day of the Great New York State Fair - Monday, September 2 - immediately after the final daily drawing. All “Taste NY” Trail cards submitted prior to this announcement will be eligible for the Grand Prize Drawing. Winners do not need not to be present to win the Grand Prize.
In early August, Governor Cuomo announced the first-ever “Taste NY” Experience at the Great New York State Fair. The “Taste NY” Trail, an integral component of this Experience, consists of seven stops across the State Fairgrounds. Fairgoers can begin the trail at any of the seven stops located throughout the Fairgrounds. Once they complete all seven, they can return their stamped trail cards to the "Taste NY" tent. A drawing is held at the end of each night. Winners do not have to be present, but they do have to be 21 years or older to be eligible.
The seven stops on the “Taste NY” Trail include:
- FreshConnect Farmers' Market
- "Taste NY" tent
- "Taste NY" Marketplace
- Dairy Products Building (stamps can be obtained at the American Dairy Association, New York State Cheese Manufacturers Association, New York Beef Industry Council, and Perry's Ice Cream).
- International Building - New York State Brew Pub and Distillery
- "Taste NY" Wine Village (stamps can be obtained at Ashley Lynn Winery, Fox Run Vineyards, Glenora Wine Cellars, King Ferry Winery, Knapp Winery, Martin's Honey Farm and Meadery Winery, Merritt Estate Winery, Swedish Hill Vineyard and Thousand Islands Winery)
- Horticulture Building (stamps can be obtained at Empire State Honey Producers Association, F.X. Matt Brewing Company, New York Apple Association, New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, and New York State Maple Producers Association).
At every stop, New Yorkers can get their "Taste NY" Trail Card stamped to be eligible for daily prizes. Daily prizes include gift certificates from the New York Wine and Culinary Center, the Culinary Institute of America, the New York State Maple Association, the "Taste NY" Marketplace, and tickets to the upcoming "Taste NY" Harvest Fest.
To find out more about “Taste NY” please visit www.taste.ny.gov.
2013 Press Releases