Joe Morrissey, 518-457-0752, Joe.Morrissey@agriculture.ny.gov|
Dave Bullard, 315-487-7711 x 1377, Dave.Bullard@agriculture.ny.gov
June 06, 2014
Night Ranger to Rock Chevy Court Crowd at the 2014 Great New York State Fair
Hard-Rocking Band is Touring in Support of New Album, “High Road”
Rockers Night Ranger will play their chart-topping hits and perform brand new music at Chevy Court at the Great New York State Fair at 8:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 26, Acting State Fair Director Troy Waffner announced today.
Night Ranger’s legendary hits "Sister Christian," "(You Can Still) Rock in America," and "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" are songs that have each significantly impacted popular culture and expanded their ever-growing base of fans since the band’s inception more than thirty years ago. Night Ranger’s songs can be heard in the “Rock Band” and “Guitar Hero” video games; “Rock of Ages” hit Broadway musical and feature film; the film Boogie Nights; FOX’s hit TV Show American Dad; JBL’s “Hear The Truth” campaign; and many more! To date, Night Ranger has sold more than 17 million units worldwide and boasts several platinum- and gold-certified albums.
The band calls its new album, “High Road,” a taste of classic, high-energy Night Ranger rock n’ roll and will be released by Frontiers Records on June 10. It’s the eleventh studio album for the group, which features original members Jack Blades, Brad Gillis, and Kelly Keagy, along with Joel Hoekstra and Eric Levy.
“Here’s another great night of entertainment from a band every rock fan knows, yet which is still making great new music. I encourage everyone to come to the Fair this year to enjoy our diverse musical lineup, along with other great entertainment and the very best of New York agriculture,” said Waffner.
Concerts on Chevy Court are presented by Chevrolet.
Acts previously announced for the Chevy Court stage include:
- Kellie Pickler, at 2:00 p.m., Thursday, August 21
- Barenaked Ladies, at 8:00 p.m., Thursday, August 21
- Smash Mouth, at 2:00 p.m., Friday, August 22
- The Bacon Brothers, at 8:00 p.m., Saturday, August 23
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, at 2:00 p.m., Monday, August 25
- John Kay and Steppenwolf, at 8:00 p.m., Monday, August 25
- Bowzer’s Rock & Roll Party, at 2:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 26
- Chef Anne Burrell, at 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 27
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, at 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 27
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, at 8:00 p.m., Friday, August 29
- The Doobie Brothers, at 6:00 p.m., Monday, September 1
At the Grandstand, very limited tickets remain available for the Saturday, Aug. 30 concert by Jason Aldean with Florida Georgia Line and Tyler Farr. Tickets remain available for:
- Brad Paisley with Randy Houser, Charlie Worsham, and Leah Turner, on Thursday, August 21
- Pitbull, on Saturday, August 23
- Kid Rock, on Monday, August 25
- Train with The Wallflowers, on Tuesday, August 26
- Carrie Underwood, on Wednesday, August 27
- Journey with Cheap Trick, on Thursday, August 28
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 21 – September 1, 2014. The Fair’s mission, reflected in its 2014 theme, “Summer’s Best in Show,” is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment. This year’s tagline – “New Attractions, Old Favorites, Timeless Fun” – highlights the more than two dozen new events and attractions and the expansion or enhancement of several Fairgoer favorites.
In addition to the annual New York State Fair, the Fairgrounds host dozens of agricultural events throughout the year, including some of the Northeast’s most prestigious horse and livestock shows.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at email@example.com.
2014 Press Releases