Joe Morrissey, 518-457-0752, Joe.Morrissey@agriculture.ny.gov
Dave Bullard, 315-487-7711 x 1377, Dave.Bullard@agriculture.ny.gov
June 18, 2014
Genre-Hopping Musician Uncle Kracker to Play Chevy Court at the Great New York State Fair
His Aug. 30 Performance Will Touch on His Hits in Rock, Pop, and Country
Uncle Kracker got his start spinning turntables for Kid Rock. The career that has followed has seen him score successes in rock, pop, and country music. Uncle Kracker brings his collection of multi-format hits to Chevy Court during the 2014 Great New York State Fair for a 2:00 p.m. performance on Saturday, Aug. 30, Acting State Fair Director Troy Waffner announced today.
Uncle Kracker has carved out significant places in country music (with the Top 10 hit "Smile"), pop (“Drift Away,” his Dobie Gray remake that featured Gray on vocals, set a Billboard record for most weeks at #1 on any chart, topping their Adult Contemporary chart for 28 weeks), rock (“Follow Me,” from the double platinum Double Wide, was a Top 5 hit) and as a D.J./vocalist in rock/rap icon Kid Rock’s Twisted Brown Trucker Band. Then there was “When the Sun Goes Down,” the #1 country hit that sat on top of the charts for six weeks with friend and sometimes tour mate Kenny Chesney along with the multi-format smash hit “All Summer Long” which he co-wrote with Kid Rock.
“This promises to be a fun show, and another in the long list of diverse and talented artists on the Chevy Court and Grandstand stages. When you add the more than two dozen new events, activities, and attractions this year, this is the year to visit the Fair,” said Waffner.
The 23 free performances by national artists on the Chevy Court stage are sponsored by Chevrolet.
Acts previously announced for the Chevy Court stage include:
- Kellie Pickler, at 2:00 p.m., Thursday, August 21
- Barenaked Ladies, at 8:00 p.m., Thursday, August 21
- Smash Mouth, at 2:00 p.m., Friday, August 22
- Jason Derulo, at 8:00 p.m., Friday, August 22
- The Bacon Brothers, at 8:00 p.m., Saturday, August 23
- Young The Giant, at 8:00 p.m., Sunday, August 24
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, at 2:00 p.m., Monday, August 25
- John Kay and Steppenwolf, at 8:00 p.m., Monday, August 25
- Bowzer’s Rock & Roll Party, at 2:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 26
- Night Ranger, at 8:00 p.n., Tuesday, August 26
- Chef Anne Burrell, at 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 27
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, at 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 27
- Angie Johnson, at 2:00 p.m., Thursday, August 28
- The Eli Young Band, at 8:00 p.m., Thursday, August 28
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, at 8:00 p.m., Friday, August 29
- The Doobie Brothers, at 6:00 p.m., Monday, September 1
At the Grandstand, very limited tickets remain available for the Saturday, Aug. 30 concert by Jason Aldean with Florida Georgia Line and Tyler Farr. Tickets remain available for:
- Brad Paisley with Randy Houser, Charlie Worsham, and Leah Turner, on Thursday, August 21
- Pitbull, on Saturday, August 23
- Kid Rock, on Monday, August 25
- Train with The Wallflowers, on Tuesday, August 26
- Carrie Underwood, on Wednesday, August 27
- Journey with Cheap Trick, on Thursday, August 28
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 21 – September 1, 2014. The Fair’s mission, reflected in its 2014 theme, “Summer’s Best in Show,” is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment. This year’s tagline – “New Attractions, Old Favorites, Timeless Fun” – highlights the more than two dozen new events and attractions and the expansion or enhancement of several Fairgoer favorites.
In addition to the annual New York State Fair, the Fairgrounds host dozens of agricultural events throughout the year, including some of the Northeast’s most prestigious horse and livestock shows.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A