Joe Morrissey, 518-457-0752, Joe.Morrissey@agriculture.ny.gov
Dave Bullard, 315-487-7711 x 1377, Dave.Bullard@agriculture.ny.gov
July 01, 2014
Singer-Songwriter Phillip Phillips Comes to Chevy Court at the Great New York State Fair
American Idol Winner is Touring In Support Of His New Album
American Idol winner Phillip Phillips will join a host of previously announced performers at the Great New York State Fair’s Chevy Court at 8:00 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 31, State Fair Acting Director Troy Waffner announced today.
Platinum recording artist Phillips recently released his sophomore album Behind The Light. The album includes all songs that were either written or co-written by Phillips including the lead single “Raging Fire,” an epic and urgent love song that debuted in the Billboard Hot 100 upon its March release and quickly earned raves for Phillips’s stirring vocal delivery and thrilling guitar work. Behind The Light is a follow-up to 2012’s The World from the Side of the Moon, a platinum plus-selling album that debuted at #4 on the Billboard Top 200 and featured the 5x platinum smash hit “Home.”
Throughout the last year, the 23-year-old Georgia native has toured the U.S. and the world, joining Matchbox Twenty and John Mayer on tour and sharing a stage with Bruce Springsteen at the 2013 Rock in Rio festival. The American Idol season 11 winner is currently co-headlining a summer tour with O.A.R.
“Phillip Phillips shows his love for all types of music during his live performances. I know this will be one of the most interesting performances of the year and I encourage everyone to circle this date on their calendars,” said Waffner.
The 23 free performances by national artists on the Chevy Court stage are sponsored by Chevrolet.
Acts previously announced for the Chevy Court stage include:
- Kellie Pickler, at 2:00 p.m., Thursday, August 21
- Barenaked Ladies, at 8:00 p.m., Thursday, August 21
- Smash Mouth, at 2:00 p.m., Friday, August 22
- Jason Derulo, at 8:00 p.m., Friday, August 22
- The Bacon Brothers, at 8:00 p.m., Saturday, August 23
- Young The Giant, at 8:00 p.m., Sunday, August 24
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, at 2:00 p.m., Monday, August 25
- John Kay and Steppenwolf, at 8:00 p.m., Monday, August 25
- Bowzer’s Rock & Roll Party, at 2:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 26
- Night Ranger, at 8:00 p.n., Tuesday, August 26
- Chef Anne Burrell, at 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 27
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, at 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 27
- Angie Johnson, at 2:00 p.m., Thursday, August 28
- The Eli Young Band, at 8:00 p.m., Thursday, August 28
- The Neighbourhood, at 2:00 p.m., Friday, August 29
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, at 8:00 p.m., Friday, August 29
- Uncle Kracker, at 2:00 p.m., Saturday, August 30
- Bell Biv Devoe, at 8:00 p.m., Saturday, August 30
- MKTO, at 2:00 p.m., Sunday, August 31
- The Doobie Brothers, at 6:00 p.m., Monday, September 1
At the Grandstand, very limited tickets remain available for the Saturday, Aug. 30 concert by Jason Aldean with Florida Georgia Line and Tyler Farr. Tickets remain available for:
- Brad Paisley with Randy Houser, Charlie Worsham, and Leah Turner, on Thursday, August 21
- The Uproar Festival, featuring Godsmack, on Friday, August 22
- Pitbull, on Saturday, August 23
- Kid Rock, on Monday, August 25
- Train with The Wallflowers, on Tuesday, August 26
- Carrie Underwood, on Wednesday, August 27
- Journey with Cheap Trick, on Thursday, August 28
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 21 – September 1, 2014. The Fair’s mission, reflected in its 2014 theme, “Summer’s Best in Show,” is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment. This year’s tagline – “New Attractions, Old Favorites, Timeless Fun” – highlights the more than two dozen new events and attractions and the expansion or enhancement of several Fairgoer favorites.
In addition to the annual New York State Fair, the Fairgrounds host dozens of agricultural events throughout the year, including some of the Northeast’s most prestigious horse and livestock shows.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A