Jola Szubielski 518-457-0752|
Dave Bullard 315-487-7711 x 1377
June 17, 2015
Buckcherry to Rock Hard with Classic and New Music at Chevy Court at the Great New York State Fair
Veteran Bands New Album to be Released the Week Before the Fair
Hard-rocking band Buckcherry will bring its well-known hits and some brand new music to Chevy Court at the Great New York State Fair at 8 p.m., Saturday, August 29, Acting Fair Director Troy Waffner announced today.
The Los Angeles-based band exploded out of the gate in 1999, landing its self-titled debut album on the Billboard album chart and creating a rock classic in its first single, “Lit Up,” which hit #1 on the rock singles chart. The band recorded another album, then separated. Josh Todd and Keith Nelson reformed the band in 2005, which launched Buckcherry into an as-yet unbroken string of success: All four albums since the band’s rebirth have gone top-10 on the rock album chart, with 12 singles reaching the mainstream rock chart’s top-40, including the signature hit, “Sorry.” Buckcherry recently previewed its new single, “Bring It On Back,” from the upcoming album “Rock N’ Roll.” The album is scheduled to be released Aug. 21, 8 days before the show at Chevy Court.
“Fans of hard rock know they’ll have a great time with Buckcherry. They’re out to prove that rock and roll is alive and well. It’s music for a party, and this year, there’s no better party than the amazing lineup of free shows at Chevy Court,” said Waffner.
The Fair has previously announced several shows for its 2015 series of free concerts at Chevy Court, a lineup that’s garnering attention as perhaps the best and most diverse ever. Shows announced include:
- Everclear - 2 p.m., opening day, Thursday, August 27
- Rick Springfield - 8 p.m., Thursday, August 27
- Orleans & Friends with Barrere and Tackett - 2 p.m., Friday, August 28
- Melissa Etheridge - 8 p.m., Friday, August 28
- Dan + Shay 2 p.m., Saturday, August 29
- The Swon Brothers 2 p.m., Sunday, August 30
- Bowzer’s Rock N’ Roll Party 2 p.m., Monday, August 31
- The Oak Ridge Boys - 2 p.m., Tuesday, September 1
- Joe Nichols 8 p.m., Tuesday, September 1
- Salt-N-Pepa - 2 p.m., Wednesday, September 2
- Snoop Dogg - 8 p.m., Wednesday, September 2
- Meghan Trainor - 8 p.m., Thursday, September 3
- Six Nations Day Celebration, with traditional dancers and The Ripcords - 1 p.m., Friday, September 4
- The Steve Miller Band 8 p.m., Sunday, September 6
- Nick Jonas - 6 p.m., Monday, September 7
Concerts on Chevy Court are sponsored by Chevrolet. Chevy Court concerts are free with your admission to the Fair.
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 27 to September 7, 2015. The Fair’s mission, reflected in its theme, “Summer’s Best in Show,” is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment.
In addition to the annual New York State Fair, the Fairgrounds host dozens of agricultural events throughout the year, including some of the Northeast’s most prestigious horse and livestock shows.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at email@example.com.
2015 Press Releases