Jola Szubielski 518-457-0752|
Dave Bullard 315-487-7711 x 1377
June 19, 2015
Country Star Cole Swindell Will Be Chillin It at Chevy Court Aug. 31 during the Great New York State Fair
Hot Young Gun of Country Brings #1 Hits
It’ll be a good time when hot young country music star Cole Swindell takes the stage at 8 p.m. Monday, August 31 at Chevy Court during the Great New York State Fair, Acting Fair Director Troy Waffner announced today.
In the space of just a few years, Swindell has gone from selling merchandise on Luke Bryan’s tour to writing hits for Bryan like “Roller Coaster” and songs for other top artists, to blasting onto the scene with his own string of #1 hits. His first three singles, “Chillin’ It,” “Hope You Get Lonely Tonight,” and “Ain’t Worth the Whiskey,” all hit the top spot on a country singles chart. His party-oriented music earned him the Academy of Country Music New Artist of the Year award in April.
“Having Cole Swindell here reminds me of the Chevy Court shows for Bruno Mars, Lady Antebellum, and Florida Georgia Line it’s a chance to see a major new artist on his way up. This is going to be a terrific show and for country music fans, it’s not to be missed,” said Waffner.
The Fair has previously announced several shows for its 2015 series of free concerts at Chevy Court, a lineup that’s garnering attention as perhaps the best and most diverse ever. Shows announced include:
- Everclear - 2 p.m., opening day, Thursday, August 27
- Rick Springfield - 8 p.m., Thursday, August 27
- Orleans & Friends with Barrere and Tackett - 2 p.m., Friday, August 28
- Melissa Etheridge - 8 p.m., Friday, August 28
- Dan + Shay 2 p.m., Saturday, August 29
- Buckcherry 8 p.m., Saturday, August 29
- The Swon Brothers 2 p.m., Sunday, August 30
- Bowzer’s Rock N’ Roll Party 2 p.m., Monday, August 31
- The Oak Ridge Boys - 2 p.m., Tuesday, September 1
- Joe Nichols 8 p.m., Tuesday, September 1
- Salt-N-Pepa - 2 p.m., Wednesday, September 2
- Snoop Dogg - 8 p.m., Wednesday, September 2
- Meghan Trainor - 8 p.m., Thursday, September 3
- Six Nations Day Celebration, with traditional dancers and The Ripcords - 1 p.m., Friday, September 4
- The Steve Miller Band 8 p.m., Sunday, September 6
- Nick Jonas - 6 p.m., Monday, September 7
Concerts on Chevy Court are sponsored by Chevrolet. Chevy Court concerts are free with admission to the Fair.
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 27 to September 7, 2015. The Fair’s mission, reflected in its theme, “Summer’s Best in Show,” is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment.
In addition to the annual New York State Fair, the Fairgrounds host dozens of agricultural events throughout the year, including some of the Northeast’s most prestigious horse and livestock shows.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at email@example.com.
2015 Press Releases