Jola Szubielski 518-457-0752|
Dave Bullard 315-487-7711 x 1377
June 23, 2015
Pop Icon Nate Ruess Solo Tour Comes to Chevy Court at the Great New York State Fair August 30
Lead Singer of fun. Singing From His Heart on First Tour
Nate Ruess’ decision to tour on his own and his new romance combined to help him write songs that are sure to captivate fairgoers at his Chevy Court performance at 8 p.m. Sunday, August 30 during the Great New York State Fair, Acting Director Troy Waffner announced today.
Ruess, lead singer of multi-platinum recording artist fun., began a solo career this year with the album “Grand Romantic.” Standing in the shower one day, he started singing the melody and lyric to “Nothing Without Love,” the album’s linchpin tune. “At first, when I sang ‘I’m nothing without love,’ I thought, ‘Well, that’s cheesy,’” he says, with a laugh. “But then I realized it’s actually just a simple but very meaningful phrase.” Ruess says he felt inspired to make “an album that had more falling-in-love songs than falling-out-of-love songs, because they don’t exist enough these days.” His 2013 duet with Pink, “Just Give Me a Reason,” hit #1 on charts around the world.
“Nate Ruess is a highlight of an amazing lineup at Chevy Court this year. He’s a hugely talented musician who’s taken the brave step of making his own music and blazing his own path. We’re very pleased to be able to bring him to a huge audience that loves great music,” said Waffner.
The Fair has previously announced several shows for its 2015 series of free concerts at Chevy Court, a lineup that’s garnering attention as perhaps the best and most diverse ever. Shows announced include:
- Everclear - 2 p.m., opening day, Thursday, August 27
- Rick Springfield - 8 p.m., Thursday, August 27
- Orleans & Friends with Barrere and Tackett - 2 p.m., Friday, August 28
- Melissa Etheridge - 8 p.m., Friday, August 28
- Dan + Shay 2 p.m., Saturday, August 29
- Buckcherry 8 p.m., Saturday, August 29
- The Swon Brothers 2 p.m., Sunday, August 30
- Bowzer’s Rock N’ Roll Party 2 p.m., Monday, August 31
- Cole Swindell 8 p.m., Monday, August 31
- The Oak Ridge Boys - 2 p.m., Tuesday, September 1
- Joe Nichols 8 p.m., Tuesday, September 1
- Salt-N-Pepa - 2 p.m., Wednesday, September 2
- Snoop Dogg - 8 p.m., Wednesday, September 2
- Meghan Trainor - 8 p.m., Thursday, September 3
- Six Nations Day Celebration, with traditional dancers and The Ripcords - 1 p.m., Friday, September 4
- The Steve Miller Band 8 p.m., Sunday, September 6
- Nick Jonas - 6 p.m., Monday, September 7
Concerts on Chevy Court are sponsored by Chevrolet. Chevy Court concerts are free with your admission to the Fair.
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 27 to September 7, 2015. The Fair’s mission, reflected in its theme, “Summer’s Best in Show,” is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment.
In addition to the annual New York State Fair, the Fairgrounds host dozens of agricultural events throughout the year, including some of the Northeast’s most prestigious horse and livestock shows.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at email@example.com.
2015 Press Releases