Jola Szubielski 518-457-0752|
Dave Bullard 315-487-7711 x 1377
June 25, 2015
California Pop Rockers R5 Perform Final Afternoon Show of Great Chevy Court Season on Sunday, Sept. 6
Band of Four Siblings and a Friend Showcase Their Rising Careers
California-based pop rock band R5 will perform at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 6 to close out the series of afternoon shows on Chevy Court at the Great New York State Fair, Acting Fair Director Troy Waffner announced today.
R5 is made up of four siblings -- Ross Lynch, Riker Lynch, Rocky Lynch, and Rydel Lynch – and family friend Ellington Ratliff. The Lynch family moved from Colorado to Los Angeles to help Riker pursue an acting career. They learned how to play musical instruments and recruited Ratliff to join them as drummer to create R5. They’ve built career momentum behind recent singles “Heart Made Up on You,” “Smile,” and “Let’s Not Be Alone Tonight.” In addition, each of the band members has enjoyed a career as an actor or dancer on shows such as “Glee” and “So You Think You Can Dance.”
“The Fair has a history of bringing acts to Chevy Court that are on the verge of breaking big. I think R5 has a great chance to become something special. Those who make the time to enjoy their show will find out just how terrific they are,” Waffner said.
The Fair has previously announced several shows for its 2015 series of free concerts at Chevy Court, a lineup that’s garnering attention as perhaps the best and most diverse ever. Shows announced include:
- Everclear - 2 p.m., opening day, Thursday, August 27
- Rick Springfield - 8 p.m., Thursday, August 27
- Orleans & Friends with Barrere and Tackett - 2 p.m., Friday, August 28
- Melissa Etheridge - 8 p.m., Friday, August 28
- Dan + Shay – 2 p.m., Saturday, August 29
- Buckcherry – 8 p.m., Saturday, August 29
- The Swon Brothers – 2 p.m., Sunday, August 30
- Nate Ruess – 8 p.m., Sunday, August 30
- Bowzer’s Rock N’ Roll Party – 2 p.m., Monday, August 31
- Cole Swindell – 8 p.m., Monday, August 31
- The Oak Ridge Boys - 2 p.m., Tuesday, September 1
- Joe Nichols – 8 p.m., Tuesday, September 1
- Salt-N-Pepa - 2 p.m., Wednesday, September 2
- Snoop Dogg - 8 p.m., Wednesday, September 2
- Meghan Trainor - 8 p.m., Thursday, September 3
- Six Nations Day Celebration, with traditional dancers and The Ripcords - 1 p.m., Friday, September 4
- The Steve Miller Band – 8 p.m., Sunday, September 6
- Nick Jonas - 6 p.m., Monday, September 7
Concerts on Chevy Court are sponsored by Chevrolet. Chevy Court concerts are free with your admission to the Fair.
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 27 to September 7, 2015. The Fair’s mission, reflected in its theme, “Summer’s Best in Show,” is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment.
In addition to the annual New York State Fair, the Fairgrounds host dozens of agricultural events throughout the year, including some of the Northeast’s most prestigious horse and livestock shows.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Press Releases