Jola Szubielski 518-457-0752|
Dave Bullard 315-487-7711 x 1377
July 15, 2015
The Jacksons Bring Some of Pop and Soul Musics Greatest Hits to Chevy Court Stage Sept. 5 at the Great New York State Fair
Members of Musics Most Famous Family Keep the Great Songs Alive
The music of the greatest family of hit-makers ever will come alive again when The Jacksons perform on Chevy Court at 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 5, Acting Fair Director Troy Waffner announced today.
The Jacksons are celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the formation of The Jackson 5. Consisting of original members Tito Jackson, Jackie Jackson and Marlon Jackson, The Jacksons put on an amazing show that includes all of their mega-hits as well as hits as made famous by the late Michael Jackson. This energetic show consists of all of their famous dance moves and costumes, and their performance is both exciting and poignant as it includes video footage and retrospectives of Michael and his world-wide appeal as the greatest entertainer of all time. Having toured sparingly over the last couple of years, The Jacksons is an opportunity to witness live the re-formation of one of the greatest pop and Motown super-groups in the history of music as they perform songs such as “ABC,” “I Want You Back,” “I’ll Be There,” “Blame It On The Boogie,” “Can You Feel It,” “Never Can Say Goodbye,” “Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground),” and songs by Michael such as “Wanna Be Startin’ Something,” “Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough,” “Rock With You” and more.
“This is music that everyone knows and everyone still loves. You’ll never get a better chance to enjoy hearing this historic group than at the Great New York State Fair and as part of a lineup of free concerts that I believe is the best in the nation,” said Waffner.
The Fair has previously announced several shows for its 2015 series of free concerts at Chevy Court, a lineup that’s garnering attention as perhaps the best and most diverse ever. Shows announced include:
- Everclear 2 p.m., opening day, Thursday, August 27
- Rick Springfield 8 p.m., Thursday, August 27
- Orleans & Friends with Barrere and Tackett 2 p.m., Friday, August 28
- Melissa Etheridge 8 p.m., Friday, August 28
- Dan + Shay 2 p.m., Saturday, August 29
- Buckcherry 8 p.m., Saturday, August 29
- The Swon Brothers 2 p.m., Sunday, August 30
- Nate Ruess 8 p.m., Sunday, August 30
- Bowzer’s Rock N’ Roll Party 2 p.m., Monday, August 31
- Cole Swindell 8 p.m., Monday, August 31
- The Oak Ridge Boys 2 p.m., Tuesday, September 1
- Joe Nichols 8 p.m., Tuesday, September 1
- Salt-N-Pepa 2 p.m., Wednesday, September 2
- Snoop Dogg 8 p.m., Wednesday, September 2
- Meghan Trainor 8 p.m., Thursday, September 3
- Six Nations Day Celebration, with traditional dancers and The Ripcords 1 p.m., Friday, September 4
- Sawyer Fredericks with Josh Batstone and Amanda Peers from “The Voice” 2 p.m., Saturday, September 5
- The Jacksons 8 p.m., Saturday, September 5
- R5 2 p.m., Sunday, September 6
- The Steve Miller Band 8 p.m., Sunday, September 6
- Nick Jonas 6 p.m., Monday, September 7
Concerts on Chevy Court are sponsored by Chevrolet. Chevy Court concerts are free with your admission to the Fair.
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 27 to September 7, 2015. The Fair’s mission, reflected in its theme, “Summer’s Best in Show,” is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment.
In addition to the annual New York State Fair, the Fairgrounds host dozens of agricultural events throughout the year, including some of the Northeast’s most prestigious horse and livestock shows.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2015 Press Releases