Jola Szubielski 518-457-0752|
Dave Bullard 315-487-7711 x 1377
June 28, 2016
Daughtry to Rock Chevy Court in Final 8 P.M. Show of the Season at the Great New York State Fair
Final 2 p.m. Shows Also Announced, to Complete Best Lineup in Chevy Court History
Rock band Daughtry, fronted by singer Chris Daughtry, provides the final 8 p.m. show of the 2016 Chevy Court concert season when they take the stage on Sunday, Sept. 4, Acting Fair Director Troy Waffner announced today.
Daughtry has released four studio albums, scored four No. 1 hits, garnered four Grammy nominations, earned four American Music Awards, sold more than 8.2 million albums and 16 million singles worldwide, and sold out concerts around the globe. Daughtry’s self-titled debut was the fastest-selling rock debut in Soundscan history and its follow up, “Leave This Town,” marked the quintet’s second consecutive No. 1 album. Daughtry’s third album, “Break The Spell,” was certified gold within four weeks of its release while their last studio effort, “Baptized,” produced the certified gold single, “Waiting For Superman.”
The Fair also announced the following shows, scheduled for 2 p.m. on their respective dates:
- Braiden Sunshine and Chance Pena, teenaged pop and folk-rock singers who met via the musical competition TV show, “The Voice.” Sunshine was a semi-finalist in season 9, while Pena cracked the top 24 this season. They perform on Friday, Aug. 26.
- Natalie Larose, the Amsterdam-born R&B singer who walked up to rap star Flo Rida and told him they were going to work together, and she was right. She is currently touring with Flo Rida and performs Sept. 1, the same day he performs at 8 p.m. Her 2015 debut single, “Somebody” (feat. Jeremih), hit the top 10.
- Blues Hall of Famer Robert Cray, the master musician whose string of hits in the 80’s such as “Smoking Gun” and “Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark,” helped bring blues to the masses and earned him five Grammy awards. He performs Sept. 4.
“With these announcements, our lineup for Chevy Court is now complete. Our goal was to present the greatest and most diverse lineup of talent in Chevy Court history and I believe we’ve done it. We’ve invested more than ever in our lineup and I know this will be a year of shows people will remember for a long, long time,” said Waffner.
The final lineup for Chevy Court:
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Aug. 25 at 2 p.m.
- Kesha, Aug. 25 at 8 p.m.
- Sunshine and Pena, Aug 26 at 2 p.m.
- Toto, Aug. 26 at 8 p.m.
- MAGIC!, Aug. 27 at 2 p.m.
- Dashboard Confessional, Aug. 27 at 8 p.m.
- Air Supply, Aug. 28 at 2 p.m.
- Bruce Hornsby and The Noisemakers, Aug. 28 at 8 p.m.
- Herman’s Hermits, Aug. 29 at 2 p.m.
- Brian Wilson presents "Pet Sounds" - Celebrating the 50th Anniversary with special guests Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin, Aug. 29 at 8 p.m.
- Survivor, Aug. 30 at 2 p.m.
- The Commodores, Aug. 30 at 8 p.m.
- Macy Gray, Aug. 31 at 2 p.m.
- Three Days Grace, Aug. 31 at 8 p.m.
- Natalie Larose, Sept. 1 at 2 p.m.
- Flo Rida, Sept. 1 at 8 p.m.
- A Tribe Called Red, Sept. 2 at 2 p.m.
- Culture Club, Sept. 2 at 8 p.m.
- X Ambassadors, Sept. 3 at 2 p.m.
- Rachel Platten with A Great Big World, Sept. 3 at 8 p.m.
- Robert Cray, Sept. 4 at 2 p.m.
- Daughtry, Sept. 4 at 8 p.m.
- Chicago, Sept. 5 at 6 p.m.
Chevy Court’s 23 free shows are part of the Fair’s commitment to providing the best and most diverse lineup of music available. Each year, the Fair and its vendors provide approximately 500 free musical performances. Concerts at Chevy Court are sponsored by Chevrolet.
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 25 to September 5, 2016. The Fair’s mission is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment.
In addition to the annual New York State Fair, the Fairgrounds host dozens of agricultural events throughout the year, including some of the Northeast’s most prestigious horse and livestock shows.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at email@example.com.
Assistant Public Information Officer | State Fair Marketing and Public Relations Manager
Department of Agriculture and Markets | The Great New York State Fair
581 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse, NY 13209
(315) 487-7711 x1377 l Dave.Bullard@agriculture.ny.gov
http://www.nysfair.org and http://www.agriculture.ny.gov/
2016 Press Releases