Jola Szubielski 518-457-0752|
Dave Bullard 315-487-7711 x 1377
July 20, 2018
Tedeschi Trucks Band to Rock Chevy Court Stage at the 2018 Great New York State Fair
Top Regional Bands Complete 2018 Chevy Court Lineup
Chevy Court Concerts Complement "Central NY Rising" - The Region's Comprehensive Strategy to Revitalize Communities and Grow the Economy
Grammy award-winning blues rockers the Tedeschi Trucks Band will take the Chevy Court stage at 8 p.m. Thursday, August 23 at the 2018 Great New York State Fair. It’s the first appearance at the Fair for the group. Free concerts at Chevy Court, which drew more than a quarter million people in 2017, complement Central New York Rising, the region’s comprehensive strategy to grow the economy.
“This is an exciting show. Susan Tedeschi’s powerful vocals and Derek Trucks’ strong guitar work, familiar from his years with the Allman Brothers Band, have been bringing concertgoers to their feet for several years. This is a ‘can’t miss’ show for anyone who loves music. This performance, along with the remaining shows in our lineup, completes what I believe to be our strongest and most diverse ever,” said Troy Waffner, Acting Fair Director.
The Fair is also announcing the remaining afternoon shows to complete the Chevy Court lineup for 2018:
- Up-and-coming New Jersey rapper Mir Fontaine, on Wednesday, August 22. This show will take place at 4 p.m.
- Albany-area rocker Moriah Formica, who had a long run on the 2017 season of “The Voice,” on Wednesday, August 29
- Legendary Syracuse-based blues rockers Jukin’ Bone, who released a new album in 2017, 44 years after their brush with national fame ended, on Thursday, August 30
- The tribute band The Spirit of Johnny Cash featuring Harold Ford, honoring the music of a legendary performer who was made an honorary member of the Seneca Nation, on Six Nations Day, Friday, August 31
- The soul, R&B and hip-hop collaboration The Brownskin Band + Joe Driscoll, on Sunday, September 2
The final lineup for Chevy Court for the 2018 Great New York State Fair is:
- Mir Fontaine, at 4 p.m. Wednesday, August 22
- Blondie, at 8 p.m. Wednesday, August 22
- Dave Mason & Steve Cropper, at 2 p.m. Thursday, August 23
- The Tedeschi Trucks Band, at 8 p.m. Thursday, August 23
- Rayvn Lenae, at 2 p.m. Friday, August 24
- Ludacris, at 8 p.m. Friday, August 24
- LIVE, at 2 p.m. Saturday, August 25
- Counting Crows, at 8 p.m. Saturday, August 25
- Jackyl, at 2 p.m. Sunday, August 26
- Hunter Hayes, at 8 p.m. Sunday, August 26
- Peter Noone of Herman’s Hermits, at 2 p.m. Monday, August 27
- Smokey Robinson, at 8 p.m. Monday, August 27
- The Temptations, at 2 p.m. Tuesday, August 28
- Dickey Betts, at 8 p.m. Tuesday, August 28
- Moriah Formica, at 2 p.m. Wednesday, August 29
- Lil Yachty, at 8 p.m. Wednesday, August 29
- Jukin’ Bone, at 2 p.m. Thursday, August 30
- Hanson, at 8 p.m. Thursday, August 30
- The Spirit of Johnny Cash featuring Harold Ford, at 2 p.m. Friday, August 31
- Big & Rich, at 8 p.m. Friday, August 31
- Collective Soul, at 2 p.m. Saturday, September 1
- ZZ Top, at 8 p.m. Saturday, September 1
- Brownskin Band + Joe Driscoll. At 2 p.m. Sunday, September 2
- A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, at 8 p.m. Sunday, September 2
- Maren Morris, at 1 p.m. Monday, September 3
- Niall Horan, at 6 p.m. Monday, September 3
In addition, national touring acts Eddie Money, All Time Low, John Kay & Steppenwolf and Foghat will perform on the New York Experience Stage on the western end of the Fairgrounds.
The Chevy Court stage is the home of up to 26 national touring acts each year. A diverse 2017 lineup, including performers and groups such as Migos, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Earth Wind & Fire, The Beach Boys and Three Doors Down drew 264,600 fairgoers. Chevy Court won two Syracuse Area Music Awards in 2017 as People’s Choice for Favorite Venue for Live Music and Favorite Festival or Music Series. The Fair was nominated for Fair of the Year by the International Entertainment Buyers association, the trade organization for live entertainment industry professionals. Free concerts at Chevy Court are sponsored by Chevrolet.
About The Tedeschi Trucks Band
After seven years, three studio albums and hundreds of shows together, Tedeschi Trucks Band are still an evolving experience – in membership, song bag, creative reach and the exuberant, always-rolling laboratory of concert work. The TTB journey began on April 1, 2010 with their first gig at the Savannah Music Festival, and led to the recording and release of their Grammy-winning debut album “Revelator” in 2011 and “Made Up Mind” two years later. During their five-year rise, the group toured incessantly, raising their profile and being handpicked to play with the likes of Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, and Santana; to appear on television shows hosted by Jay Leno, Conan, and on the premiere of Stephen Colbert’s “The Late Show” as well as hosting special all-star musical salutes themselves, including Bonnaroo’s Superjam in 2014 (with Chaka Khan, Anthony Hamilton, Taj Mahal, and others), and Lock’n Festival’s Tribute to Joe Cocker’s “Mad Dogs & Englishmen” in 2015 (with Leon Russell, Rita Coolidge, and many other original members.) Their 2016 studio album “Let Me Get By” (Fantasy) earned praise from Rolling Stone, the Wall Street Journal and the Associated Press, who called it "one of the great records of the year," and opened at #15 on the Billboard 200, the group's third album in a row to debut in the Top 20.
Accelerating Central NY Rising
Today's announcement complements “Central NY Rising,” the region’s comprehensive blueprint to generate robust economic growth and community development. The State has already invested more than $4.7 billion in the region since 2012 to lay the groundwork for the plan – capitalizing on global market opportunities, strengthening entrepreneurship and creating an inclusive economy. Today, unemployment is down to the lowest levels since before the Great Recession; personal and corporate income taxes are down; and businesses are choosing places like Syracuse, Oswego and Auburn as a destination to grow and invest in.
Now, the region is accelerating Central NY Rising with a $500 million State investment through the Upstate Revitalization Initiative, announced by Governor Cuomo in December 2015. The State’s $500 million investment will incentivize private business to invest well over $2.5 billion – and the region’s plan, as submitted, projects up to 5,900 new jobs. More information is available here.
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 22 to September 3, 2018. The Fair's mission, reflected in its theme, "FIND YOUR GREAT," is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, on Snapchat at nysfair and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Press Releases