Jola Szubielski 518-457-0752|
Dave Bullard 315-487-7711 x 1377
July 31, 2018
Latin Stars Grupo Karis to Highlight Three Days of Music at Latino Village Weekend at the Great New York State Fair
Latin music stars Grupo Karis will bring its soulful merengue hits from Puerto Rico to the Experience Stage at the 2018 Great New York State Fair’s Latino Village Weekend at 8 p.m. Friday, August 24. Karis’ show is one of a dozen performances on that stage for the event, which runs through Sunday, August 26 and showcases Latino culture, music and food.
Karis placed several hits on Latin music radio stations in the late 1990s, including "Esa Nena No Me Quiere," "Tu Foto," "Manecumbe," "Bandolera," "No Vale la Pena," and "Tus Ojos Son."
“Latino Village Weekend continues our work to broaden the Fair to encompass all of the cultures and people of New York State. I know I will be visiting that stage to enjoy the various styles of Latin music and I encourage every fairgoer to join me,” said Troy Waffner, Acting Fair Director.
The schedule for the Experience Stage includes local, regional and national artists:
- David Gonzalez, at 2:00 p.m. Friday, August 24
- Zaki Malave, at 4:00 p.m. Friday, August 24
- Orquestra Antonetti, at 6:00 p.m. Friday, August 24
- Grupo Karis, at 8:00 p.m. Friday, August 24
- Afrikan 2, at 2:00 p.m. Saturday, August 25
- Bailamos, at 4:00 p.m. Saturday, August 25
- Latino Reality TV Stars interview, followed by meet-and-greet, at 6:00 p.m. Saturday, August 25
- Alex Torres, at 8:00 p.m. Saturday, August 25
- Sabor Latino Youth Talent Show, at 2:00 p.m. Sunday, August 26
- El Potro Doney, at 4:00 p.m. Sunday, August 26
- Grupo Pagan, at 6:00 p.m. Sunday, August 26
- FULASO - "Funky Latin Soul," at 8:00 p.m. Sunday, August 26
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 22 to September 3, 2018. The Fair's mission, reflected in its theme, "FIND YOUR GREAT," is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, on Snapchat at nysfair and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at email@example.com.
2018 Press Releases